The Webelos Uniform
- Tan Shirt (Long or Short Sleeve)
The uniform will be used through Fifth Grade and the first couple years of Boy Scouts – so size it appropriately.
- Pants or Shorts
Time to Sew?
- Scout Emblem (above left pocket)
- Council Patch*
- Pack Numbers** (see Below)
- Den Number
- Flag comes sewn onto shirt already
Wearing the Uniform
In general, every Cub Scout should wear his uniform to all Cub Scouting activities, including den and pack meetings, unit outings, and any activities done with members of the den or pack.
Pack leaders should provide advance notice of any occasion when the boys should wear anything other than the complete uniform.
Here are some tips for wearing the uniform:
- DO keep the uniform clean and in good repair. The official uniform is a sturdy, machine-washable garment that will last for years with proper care.
- DO be sure to wear the complete uniform. A Cub Scout wearing a uniform with parts missing is not in uniform.
- DO NOT wear non-BSA badges, awards, or insignia on the Cub Scout uniform or make any alterations to the uniform or insignia.
- DO NOT mix uniform parts with non-uniform clothing, such as wearing a uniform cap with other clothing or wearing the uniform shirt with blue jeans. The uniform should be treated as a unit—worn in its entirety, or not at all.
Any time you are uncertain about uniform regulations, ask the den leader for guidance.